Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Oasis

One of my favorite things is to sit in our backyard early on cool summer mornings! We've had some beautiful days...may I say, Finally!....the last few days! I love it when there is cool air and no humidity! You have to take them when you get them here in Annapolis! I have my cup of coffee and Mary Engelbreit journal looking out over the garden. Awwww...pure bliss! I have kept journals for years in ME diaries. Her art brings a smile as I keep track of each day. With my kids and family far it brings comfort to know that I can pray for them.

Another favorite thing is to walk through the garden and find flowers to cut for inside. I've been doing research to find out the best way to make sure hydrangeas will last once cut. In the past, I've only had failures! So last year I let them dry on the bush and got the most beautiful dried bunches of blooms that had turned a soft green. But, I really want them to stay the sweet, soft blue color they are now. I read that you need to dunk them in water IMMEDIATELY (I mean you have to have your bucket of water beside the bush as you cut!)so that's what I did this morning. Do you see the little rose, too? It was the only rose ready to cut this morning.



Lavender! I read once that every garden should have a bit of lavender! My lavender is just beginning to bloom. Soon the bumble bees will be loving it.


A week or so ago this rose reminded me of the roses Jill makes from fabric. I watched with great anticipation a bunch of buds to be ready to pick for this sweet vase Nancy bought for me at Montpelier (James Madison's home) when we visited while she was here.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just found your blog, I am a new blogger mjust trying to find my way out here..you have inspired me to put up pictures of my last garden! Had to move away, I miss it so!