Friday, May 15, 2009

The Day Before The Ring Dance!

The big weekend has arrived! Tomorrow night, May 16, is Ring Dance at USNA! It is a huge celebration for the second class midshipmen of the class of 2010 as they are one week away from becoming "Firsties" (seniors). It's a culmination of all the hard work they have put into the last three years at the academy. It's not just a ring! It's a symbol of achieving a goal! The academy pulls out all the stops and puts on a first class affair called Ring Dance. Having a date for Ring Dance is fine but as I've been told it's a "Great Date" you want for the dance! Tim and his buddies have been planning this night for months now. Tim, Ty, Jason, and Rene (Tim's faithful room mate the entire time) have rented a beautiful home on the eastern shore of Maryland for the weekend. Tim and Ty are honored to escort two very lovely young ladies as their dates! Tim's cousin, Melanie, is Ty's date and Melanie's friend, Courtney, is Tim's date! They flew in from California early this morning on a red eye! Here is a peak into the beginning of the weekend. They all came to our house to get food and "stuff" packed into our Camry...gotta love a Camry! They left this afternoon to cross the Chesapeake Bay for the weekend celebration. Tomorrow night Jeff and I will "stalk" and hope to get a picture of them as they arrive at the dance! Stay Tuned!

Here's Tim as they get ready to pull out!

This is Courtney Hayslett (I think that's how you spell it:) I hope!) She is a good friend of Melanie's from Visalia, California and currently attends Long Beach State in California.

Here is Melanie Cannon, Tim's cousin from Visalia, California. She just finished her sophomore year at College of the Sequoias in Visalia.

This is Ty Moulton...taking Melanie. He is in 10th Company with Tim and is from Montana. Tim says he's a great basketball player!

Tim and Mom...he was so appreciative of all the work I had done. I did the grocery shopping for the guys. They made the list so it was easy! They will eat well! I was more than happy to do it!

Ty and Melanie!

Tim and Courtney!

The whole gang. Every inch of the car is filled. Courtney has a lot at her feet. An ice chest is between Melanie and Ty with the guys uniforms on top of that! I think Mel is holding a fruit plate and tomatoes!

And they are off! On their way leaving Windwhisper Lane!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Great pics! Is Tim wearing the shirt Dan and Anna gave him for his b-day? Sharp looking shirt!

Family of 5 said...

YEs I was thinking that looked like the shirt we gave him, it does look sharp! :) Looks like they will have a great time! cAn't wait to hear all about it! Thanks for bloggin about it so we can "be there" to experience it through your blog! ;)

rosepua said...

How FUN!!!