Friday, January 16, 2009

Highlights from Christmas 2008




We stayed in Salem at Dan and Anna's for the first part then planned to go to Jill and Nolan's on the Sunday before Christmas. We woke up to the whole area encased in ice. Dan's church was even cancelled. Jeff and I were so thankful to have arrived in Oregon before the ice arrived! By the afternoon it looked like we could carefully drive to Albany. Getting our car de-iced took an hour! We loaded up and made the slippery drive out of their neighborhood. Main roads were sanded and I-5 was fine. In fact, once we got out of the hills the ice and snow were gone! So we made it to Albany and spent the next few days getting ready for Christmas! I had shipped a lot of our gifts to Jill's and the piles created a fun hiding place for their cats!

No comments: